23 March 2020
In response to the Government’s latest guidance concerning the COVID-19 virus, and in the best interests of our visitors and staff, Derby LIVE regret to announce that our events programme will not be going ahead for at least the next 12 weeks.
We are working with event organisers to postpone as many as possible, and to reschedule new dates as soon as we can. Here is a list of everything affected. We will update this list when new information becomes available.
City centre events:
- Ladyboys of Bangkok, 27 March to 12 April – rescheduled to 25 September to 4 October 2020 and relocated to Bass’ Recreation Ground
- St George’s Day Celebrations, Market Place, 18 April – cancelled. We look forward to welcoming back the people of Derby, our performers and of course our dragons, next year.
Park events – all regular activities in parks, plus:
- All Parkruns at Markeaton and Alvaston Parks, and Junior Parkrun at Markeaton Park – temporarily cancelled until further notice.
- Easter Egg Hunt Trail, Markeaton Park, 4 to 19 April – cancelled.
- Cycle Derby Sportive Spring Classic, Markeaton Park, 26 April. Currently liaising with the event organisers.
- Derby Walking Festival, 9 to 17 May – postponed. New date to be confirmed and will depend on the situation over the next 12 weeks, but anticipating September.
- May Fest 'Derby Arboretum's Village Fayre', 10 May – cancelled.
- The Big One, Chaddesden Park, 7 Jun. Currently liaising with the event organisers.
Derby Arena events:
- Whitney – Queen of the Night – was due to happen on 18 March, now rescheduled to Thursday 8 October.
- Queen Machine Symphonia will now not go ahead on Friday 17 April. Derby LIVE are working with the promoters to secure a future date for this show.
- Elvis Tribute Artist World Tour is no longer going ahead on Saturday 16 May. Derby LIVE is working with the promoters to postpone this show to a later date.
Derby LIVE customers will be contacted about refunds and potential future dates. We may still need to contact you by phone to confirm your bank account details are still valid before processing refunds. Please understand that we are dealing with a high volume of requests and due to this there may be a delay in refunds reaching you.
Sales and Information Centre
The In Derby Sales and Information Centre at Riverside Chambers, Full Street, Derby, is to close to the public with immediate effect. This is to protect staff and members of the public as the situation with the COVID-19 virus means that we all have to take greater social distancing measures.
Derby LIVE’s phone line, 01332 255800, will operate as normal, and you can also contact us by email at email@example.com. However there is no need for anyone who has booked tickets to a performance that has recently been rescheduled to contact us, as we will be in touch with them.
The phonelines for Derby Active on 01332 641234 and Visit Derby on 01332 643411 are also operating as usual. Or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org. The websites for derbylive.co.uk, inderby.org.uk and visitderby.co.uk will be updated with the latest information.